qualityassurance
☆    

2021-09-26 09:45
(914 d 07:06 ago)

Posting: # 22599
Views: 2,307

Ibuprofen product-specific bioequivalence guidance EMA [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Dear Forum members,

The question is related to product-specific bioequivalence guidance (EMA) for Ibuprofen draft and Final.

The former indicates that the method should be enantioselective and the later indicates the opposite. Of course we should consider the final guidance and not the draft.

However, all conditions are fulfilled for (⇒ chiral analytics) and also found some public assessment report where chiral method was used and Pharmacokinetic data were submitted for both enantiomers.

Please suggest, whether we should go for chiral or achiral assay?

Thank you.
dshah
★★  

India/United Kingdom,
2021-09-27 12:22
(913 d 04:28 ago)

@ qualityassurance
Posting: # 22600
Views: 1,933

Ibuprofen product-specific bioequivalence guidance EMA

Dear qualityassurance!
Kindly follow the final product specific bioequivalence guidance.
Previously the sponsor may have followed draft guidance, but on current time it is recommended to follow final guidance.
Regards,
Dshah
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2021-09-27 16:52
(912 d 23:59 ago)

@ qualityassurance
Posting: # 22601
Views: 1,908

Undeliverable e-mail

Hi qualityassurance,

you selected

☑ E-mail notification if there has been a reply to this message

in your post. However, it bounced back from your e-mail provider with the message

Sorry, your message to [░░░░░@░░░░░] cannot be delivered. This mailbox is disabled (554.30)

Two options:
  1. Untick the box in future posts.
  2. Change your e-mail to a current one.
I strongly recommend #2. Otherwise, you have no means to change your password, in case you forget it (FAQ #6).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2021-09-27 17:55
(912 d 22:55 ago)

@ qualityassurance
Posting: # 22602
Views: 1,846

Enantioselective assay – really?

Hi qualityassurance,

I agree with Dshah’s post.

From my collection of strange stories: Prior to the 2010 BE-GL a couple of my studies of a certain drug were accepted with an achiral method. Approved in 47 countries. However, since the second condition was unknown, in subsequent studies we used an enantioselective method. It turned out that one enantiomer accounted for >95% of the total AUC.
  • In 2013 Swissmedic asked for BE of the sum of the enantiomers “in order to compare with previous submissions”. Changed the CI in the second decimal…
  • In 2014 an assessor of an European agency told me that she considers this section of the GL a kind of ‘backdoor’: “If we don’t like [sic!] the study and find no other reason to reject it, we can use the backdoor…”
  • In 2016 a member of the EMA’s Pharmacokinetics Working Party told me that he hasn’t seen a single study of a racemate with a chiral method.
AFAIK, none of the product-specific guidances recommend a chiral assay…

❝ The question is related to product-specific bioequivalence guidance (EMA) for Ibuprofen…

The enantiomeric interconversion of ibuprofen is extremely fast. IMHO, dexibuprofen is a mere marketing joke.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
qualityassurance
☆    

2021-10-12 17:15
(897 d 23:36 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 22626
Views: 1,638

Enantioselective assay – really?

Dear Helmut and dshah,

Thank you for your valuable recommendations.

Dear Helmut,

Noted the point related to undeliverable email.

Regards
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
79 visitors (0 registered, 79 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:51 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5