Full replicate designed study for Europe [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by bebac_fan – US, 2018-04-01 06:45 (2216 d 04:03 ago) – Posting: # 18626
Views: 2,961

Hi Balakotu,

❝ Here my question is whether to include the subjects who completed at least one test and one reference for bio-equivalence calculation?

I do not work with EMA so I am unable to provide any empirical evidence. However, you may check the EMA guidance
here. Page 14 of the guidance states "...subjects in a
crossover trial who do not provide evaluable data for both of the test and reference products ...should not be included. "

With FDA, the safe route would be to provide statistical analysis with and without exclusions (especially if they both pass :cool:).

I have seen some discussions around regarding drop-outs in replicate studies. Perhaps this implies that subjects aren't evaluable if they don't complete all 4.

Follow up question for the pros: if you include partially completed subjects, does this unbalancing have an effect on the mixed model?

I guess you lose a df if you have a subject that only had RR or TT, so I understand that. But what about a subject that has TR (instead of TRTR).

Cheers,
BF

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
116 visitors (0 registered, 116 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:48 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5