Deficiencies [Power / Sample Size]

posted by Relaxation  – Germany, 2018-02-02 12:12 (2247 d 02:38 ago) – Posting: # 18331
Views: 20,159

Dear All.

Ignoring the risk that I may got it totally wrong, but from my experience (as a non-statistician :cool:) another phenomenon of doublethink may fit to

❝ Point 2. In the light of the combination of two BE statements (tablet vs. reference or capsule vs. reference) this is combination with OR. If, and only if a global statement is here appropriate. IMHO here both hypotheses are standing for it's own.

In current discussions on this topic the general opinion around here is quite clear: testing more than one option vs. Reference is multiple testing because you have "more than one shot"  adjust the ALPHA.
On the other hand, in reality more often than not, sponsors will then simply conduct two studies. I was never brave enough to comment, that this would be "more than one shoot", too, and we should adjust the ALPHA in each study. :surprised:

But seriously, why should testing alternatives in one study require a punishment and testing in seperate studies not. Because I pay my fee in doubled overhead study costs? Or because I don't have to tell anybody of the "other study" during application :confused:?

Best regards,

Relaxation.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
105 visitors (0 registered, 105 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:50 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5