Reference scaled BE - EMA [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2010-04-28 16:46 (5113 d 12:38 ago) – Posting: # 5258
Views: 33,765

Dear Dave!

❝ In general, I would always take the guidance literally, instead of scientifically.

I never did that (and will not do so in the future).

❝ For instance, when the EMEA general BA/BE guidance said: "The interval must be prospectively defined e.g. 0.75-1.33" I never took the reciprocal of 0.75 to give 1.33 repeating, even though in theory that would make the most sense. This is for the sole reason that you never know when you are going to hit THAT regulator - the type A that doesn't care what makes scientific sense and takes every digit literally.

Well I always stated the limits based on the acceptable difference (). For the ‘old’ extended range it’s 25%. So in my protocols I gave L=1- and U=1/L. Never got a deficiency letter.

❝ So when the new guidance says 0.760, even though you and I both know that it doesn't back-calculate to a perfect 30.0% CV, guess what I would recommend using?

The back-calculated CV was just an example. I would recommend to use the exact value.

❝ This problem pops up again and again. Look at the older Canadian

❝ guidelines for narrow therapeutics:

http://www.hc-sc.gc.ca/dhp-mps/alt_formats/pdf/prodpharma/applic-demande/guide-ld/bio/critical_dose_critique-eng.pdf

❝ The requirements are 90.0-112.0%, not 90.0-111.11 repeating. They didn’t even round down, they rounded UP. So I became a to-the-letter kind of guy, despite my academic side crying “unfair! unfair!”. I learned to suppress those little hairs standing up at the back of my neck.

Right, it’s also in the recent draft. I asked Eric Ormsby about that at the last BioInternational Conference and he said they have suggested this value for simplicity. I guess Eric has a low opinion about the IQ of people in the pharmaceutical industry. :cool:

❝ […] There were 3 stop overs to that trip, and it took almost 12 hours to get there!!!!

Come on. Last week I stranded in Brussels (you know, the volcano-business) and it took me five hours queuing to get a train ticket and finally 21 hours (including change trains six times) to go back to Vienna. ;-)

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,645 registered users;
37 visitors (0 registered, 37 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 05:25 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Law is mind without reason.    Aristotle

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5