alejandro_jo1990
☆    

Spain,
2022-09-15 17:35
(580 d 21:21 ago)

Posting: # 23299
Views: 1,441

Initial dose and design issues abridged submission daily ER vs BID IR [Design Issues]

Dear All,
When it comes to comparing an extended release compound administered once a day to the inmediate release compound (same active compound of course), Would I need to determine the initial dose and dosing interval based on pre-clinical data? (animal models?). I guess that taking the total daily dose of the IR x 2 as the daily dose for the ER wont be a nice approach as nothing can guarantee not dose dumping or that (even without dunping) that the release of the formulation with dampen the Cmax. Much risk for a FIH right? We can even assure qd is the appropriate interval.

The guideline also states the necessity of a clinical study, if a surrogate is well correlated to clinical outcomes would a non-inferiority trial with that PD endpoint enough? Even more than that, providing that theres a strong correlation between exposure and PD response, would a denonstration for BE regarding the total 24h AUC of the IR BID vs ER qd and demonstration for non-superiority of Cmax enough?. No accumulation is expected, hence I think single dose might be sufficient.

Thanks!
Alex
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,664 registered users;
65 visitors (0 registered, 65 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:57 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5