☆    

2022-08-27 03:36
(607 d 09:40 ago)

Posting: # 23237
Views: 1,733

AUCtau and Ctau calculation [Study As­sess­ment]

Hello

I performed NCA analysis for concentration data at steady state:

(AUCtau, Ctau, and fluctuation) PK parameters were missing for some subjects who gave the last sample (at tau) earlier than scheduled.
Upon checking: WinNonlin was not able to calculate Lambda_z for those subjects (using best fit method) since each of them has only one sample after Tmax.
Accordingly, WinNonlin didn't perform extrapolation and was unable to calculate the mentioned steady state parameters.
Can we induce lambda_z calculation using two sampling points only (Tmax and Tlast)? Will this be acceptable by the authorities (specifically: the European authorities)? any other possible solutions?

Also, few subjects have missing lambda_z for another reason (concentrations were still increasing at tau).
Shall we exclude them from statistical analysis? In this case, the sampling time deviation (early collection of the sample) will be the main cause for excluding the subject.
Or shall we replace the actual time with the theoretical time (tau)?

As a note: WinNonlin has calculated AUCTtau and Ctau for subjects with missing samples at tau. Is it acceptable to exclude such subjects from statistical analysis?

Thank you

Edit: Category changed; see also this post #1 and #4[Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2022-08-27 12:24
(607 d 00:52 ago)

@ Shatha
Posting: # 23238
Views: 1,324

SAP?

Hi Shata,

before I will go into the details: What does your protocol say?

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Shatha
☆    

2022-08-27 13:55
(606 d 23:21 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 23239
Views: 1,364

SAP?

Hi Helmut:

❝ before I will go into the details: What does your protocol say?

My protocol requests to use actual sampling times for analysis and lists Ctau and AUCtau as primary PK parameters.
The following are mentioned as possible reasons for exclusion:
*Data from subjects with missing concentration values (missed blood draws, lost samples, samples unable to be quantified, etc.) may be used if some of the PK parameters can be estimated using the remaining data points. Otherwise, data from these subjects will be excluded from the final analysis.
*Subjects, whose bio-analysis data do not provide a complete PK profile, should be excluded from bio-assessment.

No further related information is covered in the protocol and there is no separate SAP.

Thanks
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
101 visitors (0 registered, 101 guests [including 1 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:16 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5