★    

India,
2008-09-01 10:53
(5748 d 10:11 ago)

Posting: # 2292
Views: 7,725

Replicate Design [General Sta­tis­tics]

Dear Forum Members,

Can anybody tell about the consideration of data of subjects for statistical analysis in a replicate design study (i.e. 4 period, 2 treatment, 2 sequence), whether we can consider the subjects who have not completed all four period (i.e. subjects completed 3 period, 2 or only 1 period of the study) or we have to consider subject who have completed all 4 periods of the study and what are the statistical implications and at the same time acceptance by regulatory bodies.

Thanking you in advance.

Ratnakar Jadhav
d_labes
★★★

Berlin, Germany,
2008-09-02 12:37
(5747 d 08:26 ago)

@ ratnakar1811
Posting: # 2300
Views: 6,614

Replicate Design

Dear Ratnakar,

❝ […] whether we can consider the subjects who have not completed all four period (i.e. subjects completed 3 period, 2 or only 1 period of the study) or we have to consider subject who have completed all 4 periods of the study […]

Since replicate studies are usually evaluated with SAS Proc MIXED (see FDA Guidance “Statistical Approaches to Establishing Bioequivalence” Appendix E for code) or equivalent software you can include subjects with missing data. But you have to assume that these missings are missings at random.
For “missings at random” or “completely missing at random” Goooogle is your friend.

To my restricted knowledge no regulatory body will have concerns if you include subjects with missing data in your statistical analysis. Except of course that missing data are not the rule, which will shed doubt on the quality of the performance of your study.
Quite the contrary you will have to justify why you have not included certain subject.

The Draft of the EMEA guideline explicitly states:
“All treated subjects should be included in the statistical analysis, with the exception of subjects in a crossover trial who do not complete at least one period …”

Regards,

Detlew
ratnakar1811
★    

India,
2008-09-02 15:42
(5747 d 05:21 ago)

@ d_labes
Posting: # 2302
Views: 6,578

Replicate Design

Dear Labes,
I hope I have written your name correctly.
Thanks for your information.

If anybody else has some more information regarding the same he can also share with me.

Tanking you,

Ratnakar
ratnakar1811
★    

India,
2008-09-02 16:34
(5747 d 04:29 ago)

@ ratnakar1811
Posting: # 2303
Views: 6,563

Replicate Design

Dear Labes and forum members,

AS per the draft guideline which mentions that, "All treated subjects should be included in the statistical analysis, with the exception of subjects in a crossover trial who do not complete at least one period receiving each of the test and reference products (or who fail to complete the single period in a parallel group trial)." which i guess, means that in a crossover trial if it is a two period study subject should complete both the periods and in case of replicate study subject should complete at least two periods receiving test and reference at least once can be considered.

Comment!

Ratnakar Jadhav
d_labes
★★★

Berlin, Germany,
2008-09-02 18:33
(5747 d 02:30 ago)

@ ratnakar1811
Posting: # 2307
Views: 6,625

Replicate Design

Dear Ratnakr,

see this post.

Regards,

Detlew
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
23,035 posts in 4,835 threads, 1,641 registered users;
72 visitors (0 registered, 72 guests [including 11 identified bots]).
Forum time: 21:04 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

EMEA. The European Medicines Evaluation Agency.
The drug regulatory agency of the European Union.
A statistician-free zone.    Stephen Senn

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5