Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2022-03-06 01:37
(774 d 13:14 ago)

Posting: # 22822
Views: 1,905

install bear on Windows 11 [🇷 for BE/BA]

Dear all bear users,

I just install Windows 11 English x64 pro on a virtual machine (VirtualBox) to find out if we can also install bear on Windows 11. Well, it was not as easy as I imagined at the beginning. Under Windows 11, it will backup all files from Documents to oneDrive (cloud HD) as defaut. Since my previous oneDrive account was set to local language (the traditional Chinese), I got error messages to read the package file (either *.tar.gz or *.zip) from the R working directory. Then I found out that the R working directory was named as "文件". It turned out to be "??" in R. Therefore, I was unable to read the package file from the R working directory. What I did to solve this problem was to "stop backup" (to oneDrive) for the directory of Documents. Remember to backup all your files in the directory of Documents to the other directory first to avoid data loss before setting "stop backup". Then the name of the R working directory was switched back to English (Documents). That may be because I installed English x64 Windows 11 and the system locale was set to English (US). Here is how to change system locale & language setting for Windows 11. This is very important for users who install Windows 11 with non-English languages/countries or system locale. So, before installing bear, please make sure that the working directory is shown in English using getwd() under the R console. After setting "stop backup", it seemed everything is back to normal, including being able to save the preferences of R console into the working directory. Same for ivivc, PKfit, stab & tdm. Let me know if there is a better or different way to solve the issue.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here
yjlee168
★★★
Homepage
Kaohsiung, Taiwan,
2022-03-14 21:12
(765 d 17:39 ago)

@ yjlee168
Posting: # 22835
Views: 1,478

Hope ucrt x64 for R v4.2 can fix the issue.

Dear all bear users,

I found this last night. It says that R v4.2 built for ucrt x64 can fix the "non-western languages" issue in the future. I installed its development version. Then I ended up with Graphics API version mismatch :-( like previous results with Debian. I tried again and installed all packages from their sources. Same. I don't know if we also need a ucrt-compiled GTK2 (GTK+) runtime. If I can use a compiler to successfully compile it, then the compiler should be able to serve as the runtime on the same machine. However, the development version of RTOOLS42 (currently RTOOLS40 is v4.0.3) did bundle with the GTK2 compiler. Well, that sounds great to me. Yes, I have already figured out how to compile RGtk2 package under Windows OS. It is called "the language (C -> GTK2) binding R package". A little bit tricky under Windows. So far the installation script (preinst.r) still works well for recently released R v4.1.3. The following picture is bear running under Windows 10 with a GTK2 dark theme.

[image]

❝ ...if there is a better or different way to solve the issue.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,664 registered users;
68 visitors (1 registered, 67 guests [including 0 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:51 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5