☆    

India,
2021-06-27 08:49
(1026 d 10:31 ago)

Posting: # 22435
Views: 1,754

Regarding Insulin Clamp study [PK / PD]

Hello all,

I currently work on Insulin clamp BE study. It's a two period cross over double blinded study. Recently, i noticed the Glucose infusion rate (GIR) vs time (hr) graph of one subject which reflected the neat graph (i.e, on set of action was in range), where as the period II of the same subject showed zero GIR or onset of action was out of the normal range. The same case I found in more than 2 subject.

If in case of treatment effect(A/B), I also noticed both (A/B) gave proper Tmax &Cmax for other subjects.

What might be the possible reasons (eg_intrasubject variation, T/R, formulation etc,.) for
Significant no action in GIR compared to period 1?

Thanks,
Vijit.

With Best Regards,
Vroy.
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2021-06-27 12:02
(1026 d 07:17 ago)

@ VijithRoy
Posting: # 22436
Views: 1,444

Regarding Insulin Clamp study

Hi Vijith Roy,

❝ I currently work on Insulin clamp BE study. It's a two period cross over double blinded study. Recently, i noticed the Glucose infusion rate (GIR) vs time (hr) graph of one subject which reflected the neat graph (i.e, on set of action was in range), where as the period II of the same subject showed zero GIR or onset of action was out of the normal range. The same case I found in more than 2 subject.

❝ If in case of treatment effect(A/B), I also noticed both (A/B) gave proper Tmax &Cmax for other subjects.

❝ What might be the possible reasons (eg_intrasubject variation, T/R, formulation etc,.) for

❝ Significant no action in GIR compared to period 1?

Zero GIR would suggest the existence of some technical issue or possibly an erroneous insulin. You may have a range of other measures which indicate if the subject is producing insulin and/or other metabolic indicators of normal and abnormal function.
There is so little detail in your description that I can't suggest much. I hope you will give lots of more info, show primary and secondary endpoint tables etc.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
msmnainar
★    

India,
2021-06-28 17:08
(1025 d 02:12 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 22437
Views: 1,452

Hi Vijith Roy,

In addition to technical issue, it may be population related issue too.

Some of the Clamp study its expected to see non-responders, especially in Type 1 Diabetes mellitus patients, due to complete absence of insulin.

What about PK, did you observed any concentration in that subjects?

Thanks
Sundar. M

Sundar. M
VijithRoy
☆    

India,
2021-06-30 08:39
(1023 d 10:41 ago)

@ msmnainar
Posting: # 22439
Views: 1,347

❝ Dear Sundar,

❝ Some of the Clamp study its expected to see non-responders, especially in Type 1 Diabetes mellitus patients, due to complete absence of insulin.

This study is conducted only on healthy subject. Before we enroll each subjects we screen them (Glucose Tolerance Test), so that we ensure no insulin resist subject comes in to the study.

❝ What about PK, did you observed any concentration in that subjects?

Currently study is on going and PK is yet to be analyzed.

With Best Regards,
Vroy.
msmnainar
★    

India,
2021-07-01 16:14
(1022 d 03:05 ago)

@ VijithRoy
Posting: # 22447
Views: 1,332

Hi,

Other options you can explore,

corresponding C-peptide data, if measured

Cross-verify the GL data that is generated for Clamp validation during clamp period, if available

Sundar. M
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,668 registered users;
45 visitors (0 registered, 45 guests [including 0 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:20 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Art is “I”; science is “we”.    Claude Bernard

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5