Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2020-12-17 21:44
(1196 d 21:17 ago)

Posting: # 22148
Views: 2,872

In memoriam László Endrényi 😥 [Off Topic]

Dear all,

[image]on December 14th, László Endrényi, Professor Emeritus at Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the University of Toronto, passed away.

His book “Kinetic Data Analysis” 1 was among the first ones introducing me to the concepts of PK. I first met him in 1991 and was immediately impressed by his sharp mind and great sense of humor. Besides his influential work on various PK metrics 2 together with his – then – postdoc László Tóthfalusi he set the basics of reference-scaling in bioequivalence. Whilst he advised the Canadian agency for many years, like Don Quixote he fenced against the windmills of the FDA. I’m not sure whether Detlew Labes called the FDA’s RSABE a “hocus pocus” but with a smirk László adopted the term and used it ever since in private conversations and at conferences. Donald Schuir­mann was not amused.
I remember traveling together through Transylvania in 2013. Not vampires, but many hours of good discussion, full of laughter, and enduring terrible wine.
He gave me a hard time reviewing a couple of his manuscripts and I’m grateful for his critical but always helpful comments on ours. Without his enthusiasm (“I’m excited, you have to publish!”) they would still reside on the bottom of our todo-list.

[image]

R.I.P., my old friend!

Obituary
Professor Laszlo Endrenyi (1933 – 2020)

1. Endrényi L (editor). Kinetic Data Analysis. Design and Analysis of Enzyme and Pharmacokinetic Experiments. New York: Plenum Press; 1981.
  2. I was amazed when he introduced “POT”. No, you don’t smoke it – it’s the “Peak Occupancy Time”.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
d_labes
★★★

Berlin, Germany,
2020-12-18 12:15
(1196 d 06:46 ago)

(edited by d_labes on 2020-12-18 14:30)
@ Helmut
Posting: # 22149
Views: 2,284

In memoriam László Endrényi 😥

Dear all, dear Helmut,

[image]on December 14th, László Endrényi, Professor Emeritus at Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology at the University of Toronto, passed away.

I'm mourning with you.
A great genius is not with us anymore.

Regards,

Detlew
Leni
☆    

Romania,
2021-01-20 13:11
(1163 d 05:51 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 22185
Views: 2,075

In memoriam László Endrényi 😥

An incredible mind has unfortunately left us. I cannot even imagine how hard his battle with the windmills of the time must have been (knowing my fair share…). My deepest respects.
May He rest in peace! / Isten nyugtassa! / Möge Er In Frieden Ruhen!
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:02 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5