★★  

Russia,
2020-09-27 20:25
(1278 d 10:28 ago)

Posting: # 21943
Views: 1,949

differences in lambda_z calculation between PHX and PK package in R [Software]

Dear All,

some time ago I discovered the difference between PHX and 'PK' package in R regarding lambda_z calculation for sparse dataset analysis.
My question is which one looks more reasonable for you
- PHX gets means of concs and then logtransforms it to prepare for regression analysis
- PK gets logs and then calculates means for that logs to prepare for regression analysis

what do you think?

Kind regards,
Mittyri
martin
★★  

Austria,
2020-09-28 10:40
(1277 d 20:14 ago)

@ mittyri
Posting: # 21945
Views: 1,578

differences in lambda_z calculation between PHX and PK package in R

Dear mittyri,

The methods implemented in the R package PK are based on methods published in peer reviewed journals such as Non-compartmental estimation of pharmacokinetic parameters in serial sampling designs or here Non-compartmental estimation of pharmacokinetic parameters for flexible sampling designs based on log-transformation of individual values to estimate lambda_z.

The rationale for log-transforming the indivdual values is that based on this approach the variance-covariance matrix can account for values both used for derving the AUC0-t as well lambda_z used to estimate the AUC from t to infinity.

I am not aware of a publication which justifies calculation of lambda_z in case of sparse sampling based on means only as implemented in PHX.

In addition, attention should be paid to handling to values <LLOQ where you may find this paper of interest Methods for Non-Compartmental Pharmacokinetic Analysis With Observations Below the Limit of Quantification.

best regards & hope this helps

martin

PS.: I would like to use the opportunity to illustrate how important adequate handling of BLQ values are by using a theoretical example. Consider a serial sampling design (N=5 animals per time point) where all but one value is BLQ at the last time point and think about estimation of t1/2. Ignoring BLQ values at the last time point for 4 out of 5 animals will lead to a overestimated population t1/2 as the last time point is just driven by a single animal. The same is when you set BLQ values to zero as estimation of t1/2 requires some log-transformation and log of 0 is not defined and is therefore equivalent to omitting those BLQ values.
mittyri
★★  

Russia,
2020-10-06 14:31
(1269 d 16:23 ago)

@ martin
Posting: # 21972
Views: 1,465

PK package suggestions

Dear Martin,

I appreciate all the work was done for sparse analysis by you and your colleagues.
I just have 2 suggestions regarding PK package:
- is it possible to estimate lambda_z, not providing n.tail argument?
- is it possible to specify for the group argument of 'eqv()' function what which one is the test and which one is the reference?

Kind regards,
Mittyri
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
76 visitors (0 registered, 76 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 05:54 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5