☆    

India,
2020-04-18 15:43
(1440 d 11:42 ago)

Posting: # 21334
Views: 4,194

Randomization for Replicate design studies [Design Issues]

Dear All,

Once of the clients want to conduct the partial replicate BE study with two test products (T1 & T2) in comparison with reference product (R). It would be four-period study (T1T2RR).

My question is that what would be the appropriate sequences for this four period study.

Your advice in this regard highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

MMW
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2020-04-20 14:18
(1438 d 13:08 ago)

@ mmw
Posting: # 21338
Views: 1,680

Randomization for Replicate design studies

Hi MMW,

❝ Once of the clients want to conduct the partial replicate BE study with two test products (T1 & T2) in comparison with reference product (R).

More information, please. Will this be a pilot study where you want to select one of the candidates or a pivotal study (say, T1 is a tablet, T2 a capsule and you want to market both)?
  • For the former see this presentation (slide 22).
  • For the latter employ the same design but adjust for multiplicity (i.e., 95% CI, slide 23).
    If you expect a CVwR <43% the Type I Error might be inflated. You can iteratively adjust α (see here and there) with the R-package PowerTOST. Call scABEL.ad(alpha = 0.025, design = "2x3x3", ...), where in ... you provide the observed CVwR and sample size (in the case of drop-outs: subjects/sequence). In case of unbalanced sequences use the argument sdsims = TRUE (slower but more accurate).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
mmw
☆    

India,
2020-04-28 11:27
(1430 d 15:58 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 21352
Views: 1,587

Randomization for Replicate design studies

Hi Helmut,

Thank you for your reply

❝ More information, please. Will this be a pilot study where you want to select one of the candidates or a pivotal study (say, T1 is a tablet, T2 a capsule and you want to market both)?

This would be a pilot study with 24 subjects and using two test products (with different lot numbers). We want to select one of the test formulations for pivotal study.

Thanks

Mahesh
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
74 visitors (0 registered, 74 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:26 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5