★    

Germany/Oman,
2020-03-29 09:15
(1460 d 10:21 ago)

Posting: # 21305
Views: 2,165

Clinical trials in Corona (Covid-19) time. [Regulatives / Guidelines]

Hello,

EMA released on Wednesday a new draft guideline for 4-week public consultation on points that clinical trial sponsors should consider on the implications of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on methodological aspects of ongoing trials.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/points-consider-implications-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-methodological-aspects-ongoing-clinical_en.pdf

https://ec.europa.eu/health/sites/health/files/files/eudralex/vol-10/guidanceclinicaltrials_covid19_en.pdf

Cheers,
Osama
ElMaestro
★★★

Denmark,
2020-03-29 10:46
(1460 d 08:50 ago)

@ wienui
Posting: # 21306
Views: 1,816

What I am missing....

Thanks Wienui,

❝ EMA released on Wednesday a new draft guideline for 4-week public consultation on points that clinical trial sponsors should consider on the implications of the coronavirus disease (Covid-19) on methodological aspects of ongoing trials.

https://www.ema.europa.eu/en/documents/scientific-guideline/points-consider-implications-coronavirus-disease-covid-19-methodological-aspects-ongoing-clinical_en.pdf

This is all about what Sponsors should do in this situation.
Now, where's information on what regulators should do? As in: what do regulators do with trial results affected one way or another by the Corona situation? Are any rules or assessment principles relaxed or being more strictly followed? Which ones? And exactly how?

A negative scenario is if a trial is so affected by the Corona virus situation that regulators after submission will not be able to use the data to form a qualified decision whether positive or negative. In such cases, in hindsight, the trial should have been terminated for futulity. Therefore, I consider it of importance that we hear from regulators not just what they think Sponsors should do, but also what they think they should do.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro
wienui
★    

Germany/Oman,
2020-03-29 11:26
(1460 d 08:10 ago)

@ ElMaestro
Posting: # 21307
Views: 1,805

What I am missing....

Hi Captain,

❝ This is all about what Sponsors should do in this situation.

❝ Now, where's information on what regulators should do?

Very clever, you have turned the arrow!!! You are right, I totally agree with you, the jurisdictions bodies should circulate informations, assessment principles & rules how they will treated the conducted and submitted Clinical trials in Coronavirus situations.

❝ A negative scenario is if a trial is so affected by the Corona virus situation that regulators after submission will not be able to use the data to form a qualified decision whether positive or negative. In such cases, in hindsight, the trial should have been terminated for futulity.

Again, I agree with you.

❝ Therefore, I consider it of importance that we hear from regulators not just what they think Sponsors should do, but also what they think they should do.

I think you hope too much regarding this point. As I know, regulators prefer freezing all submissions in this time, let's wait and drink tea.

Cheers,
Osama
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
81 visitors (0 registered, 81 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 18:37 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5