☆    

United Arab Emirates,
2019-10-07 09:46
(1656 d 05:59 ago)

Posting: # 20672
Views: 4,512

how to get t50%GIR-AUC(0-8h) in winnolin? [Software]

Dear all,
I am a biostatistician, and I have a project about insulin glargine. The parameter t50%GIR-AUC(0-8h) will be analysed, but I don't know how to get this parameter. Can I get it by WinNolin software and which parameter in WinNonlin will be? :confused:

Edit: Category changed; see also this post #1[Helmut]
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-10-07 11:52
(1656 d 03:52 ago)

@ Aisha.ma
Posting: # 20673
Views: 3,857

POT-50

Salam Aisha,

t50% (aka HVD – Half Value Duration, POT-50 – Peak Occupancy Time 50%) is not one of the PK metrics implemented in Phoenix WinNonlin.
  1. If your last sample was scheduled at 8 hours, follow the procedure described in this post.
  2. If you sampled longer, set up a data wizard / filter and include only time points ≤8 h and proceed with #1.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Aisha.ma
☆    

United Arab Emirates,
2019-10-07 18:12
(1655 d 21:32 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20675
Views: 3,823

POT-50

W.salam Helmut,
Thank you very much. Now I know how to get t50% Cmax via Phoenix WinNonlin. But I want to know t50% AUC(0-8h) (time to 50% of AUC, and my last sample was scheduled at 8 hours). So next what should I do if I know HVD?
I hope you help me again.:confused: Thank you so much.
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-10-07 18:58
(1655 d 20:47 ago)

@ Aisha.ma
Posting: # 20676
Views: 3,865

AUC-apical?

Hi Ashima,

BTW, are you referring to this guideline?

❝ But I want to know t50% AUC(0-8h) (time to 50% of AUC, and my last sample was scheduled at 8 hours).

Just to clarify: Are you interested in the yellow area?

[image]

Doesn’t look like your GIR cause that’s a PK profile but you get the idea. IIRC, this was called AUCapical by the “Two Lászlós” (Endrényi and Tóthfalusi). Have to dig it out.

Or this one?

[image]

❝ So next what should I do if I know HVD?

Both are not easy to calculate because HVD is the difference between the two intersections times which you don’t get in Phoenix. I suggest to register at Certara’s forum and post an example project containing the data of one subject.

Ideas:
  • Modify one of the R-scripts of this thread and call them from Phoenix.
  • Preliminary NCA (where we calculated 50%Cmax and 75%Cmax) > Final Parameters Pivoted > Data Wizard > Exclude Cmax_75
    Custom Function: New Column Name: Baseline, Formula: 0
    Properties: Cmax > Max_Response, Cmax_2 > Threshold
    Rename the Data Wizard to PD limits
    Set up another NCA-object > Options > Model Type Drug Effect (220)
    Therapeutic Response > Drag/drop the Results of PD limits (the mapping should be recognized)
    When you execute the NCA-Object you get
    AUC_Above_T
    AUC_Below_T
    AUC_Net_T

I have to figure out which is what (in my example the last was negative).

Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
Aisha.ma
☆    

United Arab Emirates,
2019-10-07 20:43
(1655 d 19:01 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20677
Views: 3,776

AUC-apical?

Hi Helmut,

❝ BTW, are you referring to this guideline?

Maybe the sponsor had consult this guideline before designing the study . Gir is the glucose-infusion rate.

❝ Just to clarify: Are you interested in the yellow area?

[image]

❝ Doesn’t look like your GIR cause that’s a PK profile but you get the idea. IIRC, this was called AUCapical by the “Two Lászlós” (Endrényi and Tóthfalusi). Have to dig it out.

I need to know time to 50% of GIR-AUC0-8. At the begining, I think that I can use summary table from Phoenix resluts and the function of AUC to get this time, but I am not sure whether this idea is right.
I have search many meterials about glucose-infsion study, this parameter is the secondary end. So it is a common parameter in glucose-infsion study, but I can not find the calculating mathod.:-(
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2019-10-07 20:54
(1655 d 18:51 ago)

@ Aisha.ma
Posting: # 20678
Views: 3,829

Define your terms!

Hi Aisha,

❝ I need to know time to 50% of GIR-AUC0-8.

That’s not my field. If the sponsor is so clever to demand a certain metric, ask what is exactly meant.

❝ At the begining, I think that I can use summary table from Phoenix resluts and the function of AUC to get this time, but I am not sure whether this idea is right.

No, this will not work.

❝ So it is a common parameter in glucose-infsion study, but I can not find the calculating mathod.

Fantastic. Keep searching. Once you know how it is defined, we can try to come up with a calculation method. Not before. Sorry.

Helmut Schütz
[image]

Science Quotes
Aisha.ma
☆    

United Arab Emirates,
2019-10-07 21:02
(1655 d 18:42 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 20679
Views: 3,776

Define your terms!

Hi Helmut,
Thank you so much. You have give me many useful information. I will search continue and I hope other experts in this forum also can help me.
nobody
nothing

2019-10-08 12:51
(1655 d 02:53 ago)

@ Aisha.ma
Posting: # 20681
Views: 3,709

Define your terms!

Kindest regards, nobody
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,665 registered users;
77 visitors (0 registered, 77 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 15:45 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5