devishabana
●    

2006-08-03 21:10
(6465 d 10:42 ago)

Posting: # 196
Views: 5,733

trypsin and chymotryspin BA study [Design Issues]

hi every one,

I would like to know whether we can go for the BA studies of trypsin and chymotrypsin.
My doubt is----in our system itself these two enzymes are secreted. ie from pancreas to stomach. and moreover these are in tablets formulations.
whether is there any controversies in estimation.

if we can proceed kindly give me the details.

otherwise whether shall i go for dissolution method ie comparing innovator and sample dissolution method, instead BA & BE.

kindly give me the details.
devisha.
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2006-08-16 18:51
(6452 d 13:01 ago)

@ devishabana
Posting: # 220
Views: 4,405

trypsin and chymotryspin BA study

Dear Devisha,

you are raising a terribly complicated issue :-(

I would go for a biowaiver, but still it may be difficult to obtain the permeability data for classification.

Do you have a validated bioanalytical method--which is not a trivial task?

Unfortunately with both enzymes you will not only see a circadian rhythm of excretion, but also highly variable levels dependent on nutrition.
I would suggest to standardize food/water not only on treatment days, but also perform a ‘run-in period’ for a couple of days prior to each treatment.
Since there is already a variable blank profile, you should collect bloodsamples at the same time points as intended on treatment days.
Then you should subtract this blank profile from both tretament profiles.
You should also prepare a decision tree describing how you will deal with negative values (which are not uncommon especially if you are subtracting low values). Generally such values should be set to zero.
Below is an example for an LOQ of 1 Unit/ml: corrected values have a 'true zero'--which is not the lower limit of quantification of the method.
1. Blank = 1.1 U/ml, measured = 1.2 U/ml, corrected concentration = 0.1 U/ml
2. Blank = 1.2 U/ml, measured = 1.1 U/ml, corrected concentration = 0.0 U/ml

In any case (Biowaiver or in-vivo study) I strongly would suggest talking to the regulator(s) first.
If you decide to go for an in-vivo study, I would also suggest to start with a small pilot study first (not to estimate CV, but mainly to get an impression whether the run-in, the sampling times, and the analytical method ‘works’ and you are obtaining a plausible pharmacokinetic profile from the subtraction procedure).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
54 visitors (0 registered, 54 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 07:53 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5