chandramohan
●    

2006-05-04 07:39
(6538 d 10:07 ago)

Posting: # 103
Views: 8,631

drugs of abuse test [Design Issues]

is it necessary to do drugs of abuse test at the beginning of each study period?
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2006-05-04 16:28
(6538 d 01:18 ago)

@ chandramohan
Posting: # 104
Views: 6,974

drugs of abuse test

Dear chandramohan,

this a tricky question!

On one hand virtually all studies I have seen in the last ten years included a test for drugs of abuse at screenening and prior to administration in every treatment period (actually the evening of hospitalization).
On the other hand all sponsors - and regulators as well - were happy just with the written acknowledgment that volunteers must not take any medicinal product without permission from the investigator for a certain period of time prior to the study and during the study.

So we trust volunteers (in the case of additional medications), but we distrust them in the case of drugs of abuse.
Clearly this is not a scientific rationale, but pragmatically I would recommend the drug tests ;-)

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
mitgandhi
●    

2006-06-15 12:34
(6496 d 05:11 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 148
Views: 6,833

drugs of abuse test

Dear Chandramohan & HS

As far,no regulatory authority is stating about this, it is open. Further adding to your query, for which drugs subject should be screened?

Regards
Mitesh
Helmut
★★★
Homepage
Vienna, Austria,
2006-06-16 16:34
(6495 d 01:12 ago)

@ mitgandhi
Posting: # 154
Views: 6,916

drugs of abuse test

Dear Mitesh!

❝ [...] for which drugs subject should be screened?

Depending on your expectations on the abuse practice in the local subject recruitment area...

I would recommend benzodiazepines, amphetamine/methamphetamine, cocaine, opiates (+optional methadone), and cannabis.
I would also consider screening for barbiturates obsolete.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes
chintan98
●    

2006-07-11 09:38
(6470 d 08:08 ago)

@ Helmut
Posting: # 161
Views: 6,795

drugs of abuse test

As far as my experience says Drug abuse test should be done at the beginning of each study period. Because we have found Number of volunteers positive in this test at the beginning of Period II/III/IV. So it is advisable to do just at the beginning of each study period and it is really very easy and convenient to perform by medical nurse with the help of InstantView (KIT)

Regards,

Chintan Mehta
UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
69 visitors (1 registered, 68 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:46 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5