Sequence effect bear vs WinNonlin opposite results [Software]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2012-08-27 23:35 (4230 d 22:51 ago) – Posting: # 9114
Views: 6,814

Dear Risherd,
I like to quickly respond to your question here.
  1. In R, there is no way to calculate Type III MS (still same right now?) when we developed bear, but Type I MS. SAS can calculate both. Only when you have a complete crossover study design (same subj. # for ref. and test), Type I MS will be equal to Type III MS, as you can see from your bear output file. That's what we do with bear.
  2. We validated ANOVA results obtained from bear with SAS whiles ago. And we got the same results using the dataset of a complete crossover study design.
  3. I don't know how WNL calculates Type I/III MS. But I would strongly suggest that you probably should use SAS to confirm your validations.

❝ As you can see according to bear there is a sequence effect for AUCo-t while in WinNonlin it's not. This same situation happen with AUC0-Inf.

❝ However, the results for NCA, period, drug, seq(subj) effect, Confidence Intervals are exactly the same in both programs. So, why only the sequence effect is different?

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
71 visitors (0 registered, 71 guests [including 10 identified bots]).
Forum time: 21:26 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5