excluded period(s) [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2012-08-16 18:36 (4264 d 23:12 ago) – Posting: # 9073
Views: 8,850

Hi Navoday!

❝ should we submit statistical data with inclusion and exclusion of that subject having predose concentration more than 5% of Cmax or simply delete that subject from all analysis?

Even complying with the guidance I always state the planned procedure in the protocol. I report the PK data (in order to give the assessor a mean to check them) but exclude the subject in a 2×2 cross-over from comparative assessments. If the pre-dose concentration is observed not in all periods and the study is either a replicate or a higher-order cross-over, I proceed as following:

❝ what if study is partial replicate (3WSABE)and that subject has completed TR sequence? as it may help for estimating t1/2 and tmax if average bioequivalence is there.

Since according to the FDA a partial replicate has to be analyzed by SAS Proc GLM (or similar) IMHO all data of the subject will be dropped from the analysis (even if you observe a pre-dose concentration in just one period).

❝ as it may help for estimating t1/2 and tmax if average bioequivalence is there.

Don’t understand what you mean here. :confused:

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,654 registered users;
52 visitors (0 registered, 52 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:48 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5