Tmax, drop-outs (EMA) [Regulatives / Guidelines]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2012-03-28 18:27 (4410 d 11:41 ago) – Posting: # 8344
Views: 5,144

Dear Pash!

❝ 1. As per current EU guideline statistical evaluation of Tmax is not required, if our drug is not rapid release formulation. In old guidance it was mentioned as “if appropriate to the evaluation the analysis technique for Tmax should be non-parametric and should be applied to un-transformed data”.

You are mixing things up. Both quotes come from IR guidelines.

A statistical evaluation of tmax is not required. However, if rapid release is claimed to be clinically relevant and of importance for onset of action or is related to adverse events, there should be no apparent difference in median tmax and its variability between test and reference product.

BTW, in my studies I run nonparametrics on tmax essentially ignoring the guideline. :-D

❝ Is it required to performed statistical evaluation of Tmax in studies conducted after implementation of new guideline?

No. But don’t ask me how to assess the variability if required. F**ing boxplots again (like in the assessment of outliers in replicate studies)?

❝ Our formulation is not rapid release formulation.

So what is it exactly? CR, DR, multiphasic, pulsatile,…? Tmax is not mentioned in the MR guidance from 1999. Not even for MR formulations where rapid onset is of importance tmax is required (see here).

❝ Should we have to analyze (bioanalysis) plasma samples of that dropped/withdraw subject(s)?

Yes.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
117 visitors (0 registered, 117 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 06:09 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5