SAS code: Warning [BE/BA News]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2011-03-21 17:08 (4756 d 21:49 ago) – Posting: # 6790
Views: 35,683

Dear Priyanka,

❝ ... But it is showing the following error ...

❝ WARNING: ADJUST=T implies no adjustment for simultaneous inference.

as the log states this is not an ERROR:, but a WARNING:. And this warning is nonsense in the context.
You request with the option ADJUST=T confidence intervals using the t-quantile without eventually necessary multiplicity adjustments.
But multiplicity adjustment is not necessary in comparing only two possible LSMeans. It would be eventually necessary if there are more than two. Proc GLM had could that figured out, but SAS in his great wisdom had decided nevertheless to throw a warning.
Note that this warning disappears if you omit the ADJUST=T option in the LSMeans statement. Doing so Proc GLM reverts to the default method for CI calculation: confidence intervals using the t-quantile without eventually necessary multiplicity adjustments, i.e. the same as with ADJUST=T, but without a warning. What a stroke of genius :cool:.

This annoying warningo-phylistic behaviour is notorious in SAS 9.2. You can observe it in numerous instances. Check if SAS does what you intend and forget the warnings if it does.

BTW: The WARNING: has nothing to do with the data set used. You will get it also with data set I.

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
107 visitors (0 registered, 107 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:58 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5