Better integration? Example [Bioanalytics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2010-08-13 01:14 (5004 d 02:15 ago) – Posting: # 5775
Views: 9,041

Hi HS,

interesting stuff - I'd love to be a programmer making new ways to deal with this.
I find your example quite informative, thanks for posting it.

Let me ask a broad question here, in relation to one of your points:

❝ But it’s clear, that the tangential integration performs worst and should be avoided.

It is clear that in this case the Tangential Method (TM) gives a relatively large error on a peak estimate. However, for BE purposes this might or might not be a worry since we are interested in T/R. T and R could in principle be "a lot wrong" as long as we have some trust in T/R itself; this is implicitly how it works for e.g. AUC with the noncomp. model, typically with over-estimated area before the top and under-estimated thereafter. We just pray that the error we introduce on AUC(T) is percentually the same as on AUC(R).
When the true T/R is not 1 one could argue that there could (I am not saying there is) be an issue, regardless of whether we talk chromatograms or AUCs.

I am not aware of this issue being discussed anywhere in the scientific literature, and the bioanalysts I have asked about it also don't have any information.

From your example, I would think that above all that the problem with TM is likely to be bigger if we use it in studies to characterise for example the half-life of a new chemical entity or similar.

Let me hear your or anyone elses thoughts, please.
Finally, I solemnly promise I will not make a lengthy post ever again until next time.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
120 visitors (0 registered, 120 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5