Rounding or not to rounding [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2010-05-05 15:15 (5076 d 18:22 ago) – Posting: # 5298
Views: 22,671

Dear Yung-jin

❝ Are you saying that these output are not "Type III SS"? :confused:

Not at all what I tried to say. There is no line in the anova tables specifying a p-value for the type III sequence effect; the tables include just Subject, Period and Treatment. You can find a (which is not the same as the) P-value for seq by using drop1 on a model without Subject.
If you follow the true definition of type III SS there will be no reduction of SS by inclusion of Seq once Subj is in the model for a 2,2,2-BE study. This is the R way. You may see the SS reduction for this effect specified as something effectively zero such as 1.23456e-7 etc., reflecting just machine precision at the stopping criterion for the fitting Al Gore Rhythm.
On the other hand, one can convince oneself by the possible presence of a sequence effect manually using the approach shown in the book by Chow & Liu. SAS therefore -if I recall right- spits out a positive SS reduction, which can just be obtained by fiddling as described above (I think I posted how to do it in R some time ago, just cannot find it now). I am not implying the SAS way is better or more correct.
Bear is fine as it is.

Best regards
EM.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
117 visitors (0 registered, 117 guests [including 0 identified bots]).
Forum time: 08:37 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5