EMA: ANOVA and replicate studies [RSABE / ABEL]

posted by d_labes  – Berlin, Germany, 2010-03-05 11:51 (5164 d 06:45 ago) – Posting: # 4864
Views: 26,965

Dear all,

after reading the tons of answers to the comments regarding the DRAFT of the new EMA Guidance I am more and more confused.

As Helmut has already noted they insists on using ANOVA, ANOVA, ANOVA ... and nothing else in the statistical evaluation of bioequivalence (in SAS speak Proc GLM or for Rusers function lm()). And more over all effects in the ANOVA as fixed!

Beside their joke "It is out of the scope of the guideline to give details on how to analyse the data of a replicate design, since it is standard statistical analysis :-P" in the comments I would ask the community:
I had used the FDA code for replicate designs up to now. But it relies definitely on mixed model (i.e. assuming subject as a random effect, factor) and thus on more elaborate and sophistic statistical method, but lacking anything that looks like ANOVA table. But this now obsolete in the light of the new EMA guidance! :crying:
So how to react? How to proceed with replicate studies practically, technically ... to be EMA conform?

Regards,

Detlew

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
67 visitors (0 registered, 67 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 19:37 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5