Philostics [Surveys]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2009-12-27 14:28 (5227 d 01:46 ago) – Posting: # 4525
Views: 12,250

Dear HS,

❝ Not quite. The assumptions in the parametric model of any given metric are independent from each other, :blahblah:

❝ Untransformed metrics have limits of [-∞, +∞], whilst log-transformed have limits of [0, +∞], but in both cases the probability equals 1 (in other words, for Cmin and Cmax the log-transformation lead to the same lower limit – I wouldn’t call it a constraint – namely zero).

Hmmmm, this I would express differently. Cmax etc varies from 0 and upwards whilst the transformed (log) Cmax etc is from -inf to +inf. Log transformed parameters (C, AUC) go from -inf to +inf.

I meant something else though: Let's for simplicity consider the subject with the highest Cmax in the dataset (log or not is not the important issue here). Now we do a parametric analysis of (log) Cmin and we consider the (log) Cmin residual e for the same subject and we disregard other factors for now (makes no difference but makes it less easy to grasp). We know something about e; the (log) Cmax is higher than average (log) Cmin so average (log) Cmin plus e will be lower than (log) Cmax for that subject.

❝ ❝ (I shall abstain from proposing parametric statistics as a potential alternative, notch notch wink wink!)

:lol3: You mean nonparametric statistics? Well, cough…

Yes, I meant nonparametric. Sorry about the meaning-disturbing typo.
EM.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,665 registered users;
87 visitors (0 registered, 87 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 17:14 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5