Philostics [Surveys]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2009-12-27 03:01 (5228 d 08:45 ago) – Posting: # 4523
Views: 12,263

Howdy ElMaestro!

❝ I can learn a lot, and there is a loooooong way to go for me.

For all of us…

❝ I wonder about a issue that is on the border between philosophy and statistics... Analysis of Log Cmax is generally based on the assumption that the residuals are normal.

Yep.

❝ If we subsequently also want to qualify Log Cmin with some kind of statistic can we then conduct such an analysis with parametric statistics? Once we identify Log Cmax we know that the rest will be smaller than that value.

We also know, that the residuals of AUC will always be lower than the ones of Cmax.

❝ Hence, there are constraints on the magnitudes of the residuals in the analysis of Log Cmin and therefore I would be inclined to think we violate an important assumption in parametric statistics?

Not quite. The assumptions in the parametric model of any given metric are independent from each other, :blahblah:
Untransformed metrics have limits of [-∞, +∞], whilst log-transformed have limits of [>0, +∞], but in both cases the probability equals 1 (in other words, for Cmin and Cmax the log-transformation lead to the same lower limit – I wouldn’t call it a constraint – namely zero).

❝ (I shall abstain from proposing parametric statistics as a potential alternative, notch notch wink wink!)

:lol3: You mean nonparametric statistics? Well, cough…

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,657 registered users;
109 visitors (0 registered, 109 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 12:47 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5