PCDCON, PBPK (Java) [Software]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2009-12-04 15:03 (5249 d 18:05 ago) – Posting: # 4432
Views: 15,049

Dear all!

I received a copy of PCDCON 1.1 (William R. Gillespie, 1992) from Yung-jin Lee (THX!). I checked it on Windows XP Pro SP3, it works. Quoting Pcdcon.pdf:

Installation
PCDCON requires an IBM-PC-compatible computer with ≥640K of RAM and a monitor with CGA, EGA, VGA or Hercules graphics capabilities. The current version of PCDCON is not copy-protected. There are no restrictions on the distribution of the software. In fact, distribution to colleagues is encouraged. The author only requests appropriate citation in publications presenting results obtained with PCDCON.
  Installation of PCDCON is accomplished by simply copying the file PCDCON.EXE from the distribution diskette to any desired directory on a hard disk or a diskette. Some files containing example data are also included on the distribution diskette and may be copied if desired.

Files are virus-free (Symantec Antivirus 9.0.0.338, Engine 91.2.1.10, Definition files 03.12.2009 rev.4). The software may be downloaded as a zip-file (MD5-checksum 442c7adc789437d1254e50ddc857cbba).
Note that PCDCON is not constrained so the input function can go un-physiologically negative.

Another free software for deconvolution is PBPK from PKQuest (zip-file). You will need a current Java Runtime Environment (JRE) on your machine (download).

Edit: David Bourne brought an interesting article by David Levitt (author of PKQuest) to my attention:

DG Levitt
The use of a physiologically based pharmacokinetic model to evaluate deconvolution measurements of systemic absorption
BMC Clinical Pharmacology 3:1 (2003)
DOI: 10.1186/1472-6904-3-1
free online resource

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
85 visitors (0 registered, 85 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:08 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5