Weighing [Bioanalytics]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2009-07-09 22:06 (5403 d 01:14 ago) – Posting: # 3949
Views: 4,275

Dear HS,

thanks, but I think I formulated myself wrongly; I agree with almost everything you say but what I meant was something else. I will try to "reformulate" (that's a forbidden word otherwise!):

The weighting scheme I encounter now and then is the 1/x or 1/x2. Lets for the time being forget the 1/y or 1/y2 (which deserves discussion in another thread).
As you point out the choice of weights has to do with variabilities, if the variability goes up as x increases then we weight accordingly in order to make sure that the points corresponding to high x values are not given the same priority as the numbers corresponding to low x values. But we could in theory achieve the same by having "less points at high x-values and more points at low x-values" and then use no weights. Implementing the equation you have given above would correspond pretty well to that concept. Therefore, my intuition tells me that your equation is intended for a situation with no weights and where the variability is not constant.

Best regards
EM.

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
65 visitors (0 registered, 65 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 23:21 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5