Two at a Time [Power / Sample Size]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2022-09-22 11:30 (572 d 13:44 ago) – Posting: # 23313
Views: 2,037

Hi XH7081,

❝ First of all thank you for the wonderful PowerTOST package!

Welcome. THX to Detlew Labes and Benjamin Lang. Both did much more than myself.

❝ If I want to design an injection site study to compare the relative bioavailability at 3 different injection site, say T1, T2 vs R, in either crossover design or parallel design, is it correct to use the R code below:

In principle yes but as already mentioned by Divyen, theta0 = 1 should not be used.

❝ I also saw some posts suggest doing "two at a time" test, which will use the 2x2 design as follows (which gave essentially the same sample size as the 3x6x3 design above since I need to round up to 6X, so 40 becomes 42). Is this thought process correct?

See this article and click on Show hide/details

❝ Parallel design (3 arms, assuming true theta=1, pooled CV=0.4). R results indicate I need 132 total subjects (44 subjects per arm), not considering drop out etc. Is it correct, or the 132 is for 2 arms (66 per arm) and I actually need 198 total subjects?

Yes.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,652 registered users;
37 visitors (0 registered, 37 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 01:15 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5