Retractions [Off Topic]
another one,1 this time 3½ years (‼) after the paper2 was accepted.
The Editor-in-Chief has retracted this article. After publication, concerns were raised with respect to the data shown in Fig. 9. The authors were unable to provide the raw data for further review. The Editor-in-Chief, therefore, no longer has confidence in the results and conclusions presented.
Authors Rehab Nabil Shamma, Nouran O. Eladawy and Nadia M. Morsi agreed to this retraction but disagreed with the wording of the retraction notice. Author Abdelfattah A. Abdelkhalek does not agree with this retraction.
‘Integrity of authorship’ again, this time spiced with plagiarism:
The Editor-in-Chief has retracted3 this article.4 After publication, concerns were raised about the integrity of its authorship. The authors were asked for raw data but were unable to supply credible materials. Additionally, the article contains an overlap with a previously published article by different authors.5
There are two more retraction notes in the same issue. What’s going on? Sloppy peer review or what?
- Retraction Note: Risedronate-Loaded Macroporous Gel Foam Enriched With Nanohydroxyapatite: Preparation, Characterization, and Osteogenic Activity Evaluation Using Saos-2 Cells. AAPS Pharm Tech. 2022; 23: Article 227. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1208/s12249-022-02383-w.
- Morsi NM, Shamma RN, Eladawy NO, Abdelkhalek AA. Risedronate-Loaded Macroporous Gel Foam Enriched with Nanohydroxyapatite: Preparation, Characterization, and Osteogenic Activity Evaluation Using Saos-2 Cells. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2019; 20: 104. doi:10.1208/s12249-019-1292-4.
- Retraction Note to: Sustained Delivery of Timolol Using Nanostructured Lipid Carriers-Laden Soft Contact Lenses. AAPS Pharm Tech. 2022; 23: Article 222. https://link.springer.com/article/10.1208/s12249-022-02382-x.
- Tian C, Zeng L, Tang L, Yu J, Ren M. Sustained Delivery of Timolol Using Nanostructured Lipid Carriers-Laden Soft Contact Lenses. AAPS PharmSciTech. 2021; 22: 212. doi:10.1208/s12249-022-02382-x.
- Guo Q, Jia L, Qinggeletu, Zhang R, Yang X. In vitro and in vivo evaluation of ketotifen-gold nanoparticles laden contact lens for controlled drug delivery to manage conjunctivitis. J Drug Deliv Sci Technol. 2021; 64. doi:10.1016/j.jddst.2021.102538.
Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна!
The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮