AND or OR, that’s the question [Power / Sample Size]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2022-08-11 17:25 (617 d 20:56 ago) – Posting: # 23216
Views: 4,800

Hi Chris,

❝ After some thoughts, I am wondering if the sample size estimation only considers one comparison. I found an old following post regarding this topic.

Oh dear, that one! Opening Pandora’s box. However, only relevant if one would assess the study with the ‘All at Once’ approach (i.e., an ANOVA of pooled data). The jury left the courtroom 2½ years ago and hasn’t returned ever since…

❝ If we are considering both T1=R and T2=R, perhaps, we need to look at the bivariate distribution of the two test statistics when looking at the power. And these should be correlated as well, which makes things complicated. I am maybe missing something and was wondering if you could enlighten me on this subject.

In the ‘Two at a Time’ approach T1 and T2 are treated independently. Hence, you have two separate distributions. You see that also in the evaluation, where you obtain two residual variance estimates.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,656 registered users;
99 visitors (0 registered, 99 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 14:21 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The whole purpose of education is
to turn mirrors into windows.    Sydney J. Harris

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5