Bioanalytical method validation [Bioanalytics]

posted by Ohlbe – France, 2022-06-01 15:14 (694 d 07:08 ago) – Posting: # 23036
Views: 1,845

Dear Qualityassurance,

❝ IMHO (definitely others may have different opinion than me) first of all your in house SOP should be updated to include acceptance criteria for each run with respect to calibration curve and quality control samples during validation.

We should differentiate QCs for acceptance of runs and stability samples. Even in an analytical run for the determination of stability you should include quality control samples (either fresh or within their previously established storage period), used for the acceptance of the run following the usual criteria (67% of the samples within 15% of the nominal concentration). If the run is valid: then you can look at the results of the stability samples.

If you don't have QC samples in your stability runs: if your stability samples fail, you won't know if this is because you have a stability issue or because the run failed.

It is standard practice to have acceptance criteria for the accuracy of the stability samples (as this is what the guidelines define), but I can't remember seeing acceptance criteria for their precision. But I may not have paid a particular attention and have missed it.

Regards
Ohlbe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,651 registered users;
143 visitors (0 registered, 143 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:23 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

Never never never never use Excel.
Not even for calculation of arithmetic means.    Martin Wolfsegger

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5