Blind monitors or greedy sponsors? [GxP / QC / QA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2022-05-24 18:35 (695 d 15:53 ago) – Posting: # 23015
Views: 3,893

Dear Ohlbe,

❝ Well, marketing authorisation holders / applicants were not necessarily the sponsor of the study. Some of them just bought the dossier off the shelf, before or after the marketing authorisation was granted.

Good point!

❝ Due diligence: generally, nil, especially if the marketing authorisation was already granted. EMA organised a workshop with representatives of the generic drug industry some years ago, after the first referrals of this type. Nothing came out of it. Industry's position: "we can't audit the study when we buy the dossier coz' we were not the sponsor". It went nowhere.

I was once hired by the potential buyer of a dossier to assess it. I asked for the language. Spanish. Told them that my knowledge goes hardly beyond ¡Hola! ¿Qué hay? Paella, Rioja, cerveza. Answer: Fair enough, that’s fine. OK, business class flight to Barcelona, locked (!) for hours in a room with twenty binders. Funny.

❝ ❝ Given that, were monitors of the other sponsors :blind: or just greedy?

❝ Or just incompetent ?

Another good point. However, it’s not rocket since, right?

❝ Or were some of the sponsors perfectly aware of the scam, and willing to use such CROs precisely because they were sure their study would pass ?

Possible. Shyte.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,987 posts in 4,824 threads, 1,663 registered users;
101 visitors (0 registered, 101 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 10:29 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5