Defining time to concentration threshold [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Cytokrom C – Sweden, 2022-04-29 18:24 (699 d 13:42 ago) – Posting: # 22942
Views: 2,309

Hi,

I am planning a study where I want to include the time until a pre-defined plasma concentration threshold is reached as a PK parameter. Two options/methods for defining this parameter has been discussed:
  1. The simplest approach would be to use the first sampling time-point where the concentration exceeds the threshold.
  2. The other approach would be to use linear interpolation to find a more precise estimate of the time the concentration actually crosses the threshold.
From a methodological point of view, I find option B somewhat more appealing, as this would give a more "correct" result. However, there are a few arguments making me lean more towards option A anyhow, including:
  1. Option A requires no imputation/assumptions of plasma levels between samples.

2. Data based on actual sampling times will be analogous to Tmax and perhaps more recognizable/acceptable by the authorities.

3. I also plan to present the percentage of subjects exceeding the threshold value at each sampling timepoint. A definition according to option A would better correspond with this analysis.

Thanks,
/Martin

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
91 visitors (0 registered, 91 guests [including 8 identified bots]).
Forum time: 07:06 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5