Numerical Con­vo­lu­tion [Dissolution / BCS / IVIVC]

posted by joao.reis – Portugal, 2022-03-24 17:35 (753 d 17:08 ago) – Posting: # 22869
Views: 2,129

Hello dear bioequivalence fellas,

I'm starting my journey testing IVIVC and I've bumped into a wall which is really slowing down my progress.

I'm testing an IVIVC model I've found in the literature which has a high predictive power.
I'd like to predict the in vivo PK profile of my formulation (Extended Release) from which I have biorelevant in vitro dissolution data (the same medium, volume, rpm as the one used in the paper). I also have in vivo data from an IR formulation which I guess it can be used as the UIR function.

I was able to predict the fraction absorbed / time from my formulation using the IVIVC model and the in vitro data mentioned above. I've also fitted equations (Rsquared > 95%) to both my UIR function and fraction absorbed data (Don't know if it helps). Nonetheless, I have little to no clue of how to solve the convolution equation since I'm not a mathematician... :confused:

I have no access to WinNonlin nor to other specific software. Can anybody help me pointing on the right direction to move forward and predicting my in vivo PK profile?

Thanks in advance ;-)

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,650 registered users;
45 visitors (0 registered, 45 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 11:43 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5