update of installation script (v6.1) for bear [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2022-02-22 23:43 (791 d 19:26 ago) – Posting: # 22802
Views: 2,051

Dear bear users,

I just uploaded the installation script (preinst.r, v6.1) of bear to Sourceforge. The update solves the issues due to the retired RGtk2 & cairoDevice, as well as previous gWidgets & gWidgetsRGtk2. Also the issue of Graphics API version mismatch/bump in Debian for R 4.1.x. Now building from archived sources for these four retired packages is not a problem for Linux (Debian/Ubuntu) and macOS. However, it is a really big problem for Windows now. That is because the user needs to install and set up a GTK development program first to build RGtk2 from its source. We used to install RGtk2 using its "binary" directly downloaded from CRAN. It's the good old days. So far, I still cannot figure out how to successfully do that. Therefore, for Windows OS, the best way to install RGtk2 & cairoDevice is from their binaries (*.zip). Fortunately, we still can find their binaries from cran.microsoft.com/snapshot. Thanks to Microsoft this time, as well as the Google master. Don't know how long this Microsoft website can remain valid. Of course, I will try to figure out how to build RGtk2 & cairoDevice from their sources for Windows OS as possible as I can. That's it.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,655 registered users;
54 visitors (0 registered, 54 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 20:10 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5