Already AUClast: ? ≠ ? [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2021-08-02 15:56 (990 d 11:01 ago) – Posting: # 22496
Views: 2,566

Hi Relaxation,

❝ ❝ 5. \(\small{_\textrm{partial}AUC_{\textrm{cut off}-{\tau}}}\)

❝ This one I think should be: \(\small{_\textrm{partial}AUC_{\textrm{cut off}-t_\textrm{last}}}\)?

According to the GL, yes. However, doesn’t make sense to me.1 In trying to get a waiver for the MD study I’m interested in showing BE for the partial \(\small{AUC\textrm{s}}\), which are – hopefully – predictive of the clinical situation (multiple doses administered with \(\small{\tau}\)). If you have issues with the LLOQ in the SD study or missing sample(s) in the late part of the profile, already \(\small{AUC_{0-t_\textrm{last}}}\) [sic] is a pile of poo.

[image]If in a subject \(t_\textrm{last(T)}\neq t_\textrm{last(R)}\), that’s comparing apples with oranges (though similar by weight and shape, extremely different by smell, taste, touch, and texture).
IMHO, it’s high time to abandon \(\small{AUC_{0-t_\textrm{last}}}\) in all guidelines (because biased) and move forward to the – always (‼) unbiased – \(\small{AUC_{0-t_\textrm{last(Common)}}}\).2

Confession: In my studies of multiphasic products I chickened out and used still \(\small{AUC_{0-t_\textrm{last}}}\) (I knew that I won’t have problems with BQLs and wanted to make assessors happy) but \(\small{_\textrm{partial}AUC_{\textrm{cut off}-{\tau}}}\). Were accepted without problems.

1. Remember Henning’s credo of ‘Science-based Regulations’!
  2. Fisher D, Kramer W, Burmeister Getz E. Evaluation of a Scenario in Which Estimates of Bioequivalence Are Biased and a Proposed Solution: tlast (Common). J Clin Pharm. 2016; 56(7): 794–800. doi:10.1002/jcph.663. [image] free resource.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,986 posts in 4,823 threads, 1,671 registered users;
72 visitors (0 registered, 72 guests [including 6 identified bots]).
Forum time: 02:57 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5