Outliers in study intended for RSABE [Study As­sess­ment]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2021-04-26 14:24 (1067 d 20:32 ago) – Posting: # 22324
Views: 2,502

Hi NK,

❝ The protocol says, plasma samples from subjects who complete all the four periods will be analyzed and will be included for PK and statistical analysis.

Sounds strange to me. IMHO, all samples should be analyzed.* Excluding subjects with incomplete data from the statistical comparison is another cup of tea.

Subject A - had BLQ (Below limit of Quantification) for all the time points for one of Test treatment and

Subject B - had BLQ for all the time points in one of Reference treatment.

❝ Can we include Subject A & B for statistical analysis

Well, the statistical model is based on \(\small{\log_{e}}\)-transformed data. You have to exclude them, since \(\small{\log_{e}(0)}\) is undefined (for nitpickers: \(\small{\lim \log_{e}(x\rightarrow 0) = -\infty}\)).

❝ (protocol not specified about handling subject with three periods data. (ie. one T & two R and one R & Two T).

AFAIK, the FDA requires analysis of complete data (see this post).

Subject C – had very low T/R Ratio (outlier was not mentioned in the protocol)

When it comes to RSABE, the FDA is not interested in assessing ‘outliers’. See this article.

❝ To handle this kind of situation in future, Can we mention in the protocol to exclude the subject (outlier) with above scenario.

Of course, you can. But I recommend a controlled correspondence with the OGD beforehand. Otherwise, you risk an R-t-R.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
110 visitors (0 registered, 110 guests [including 3 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:57 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5