Missing three consecutive samples in the elimination phase [Study Per­for­mance]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2021-04-23 10:40 (1092 d 11:15 ago) – Posting: # 22313
Views: 2,141

Hi PVRC,

❝ I have a question on the inclusion of a subject with missing three consecutive sampling points in the elimination phase. The subject followed the procedures through 8 hr sampling points and left for an emergency. The half life of the drug is 12 hours. the subject is willing to join the next periods. Whether that subject will be included in the PK analysis and /or statistical analysis if allowed in the next periods ?

Isn't that the wrong question?
I mean why would you include the subject for period 2 if not using her/his data? For production of tolerance/safety data only?

The question is more likely whether or not the subject should be invited to complete the study. I think she/he should, if you can make of her/his data. Three missings in the elimination phase is not a show-stopper, however annoying it may be. If you do not have SOPs or a protocol that somehow provides for exclusion I think the subject is still in the study.
At some CROs a subject going home in period 1 on own will or due to an AE is a lost/discontinued subject, while at other CROs subjects can come back for period 2 in such cases. It isn't a situation that is well defined by guidance.

Good luck with the rest of the study.
:-)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
92 visitors (0 registered, 92 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 21:56 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5