Degrees of freedom [General Sta­tis­tics]

posted by Mikkabel – Belgium, 2021-03-04 18:20 (1142 d 03:10 ago) – Posting: # 22242
Views: 2,473

Hello everyone,

Recently, we performed a 4-treatment (T1, T2, T3 and T4), 4-period, cross-over study pharmacokinetic study.

Once the statistical analysis performed, I observed that for the comparison between T1 and T3 and between T2 and T4, the number of degrees of freedom for the fixed effect "period" is 2 instead of 3 (which is the case for the other comparisons). Furthermore, "Not estimable" is mentioned in the output of Winonlin.

For information, the statistical analysis was performed using ANOVA model (or equivalent parametric method) with fixed effects usually sequence, subject within sequence, period and formulation.

To be honest, I don't know how to fix it and I don't know how to interpret this.
Could you please inform me if it is an issue related to the software (Winonlin) or is it related to the model used?
Additionally, could you explain me how to interpret these results and what should be the impact on the results obtained form the analysis?

Thanks for your help

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,988 posts in 4,825 threads, 1,661 registered users;
103 visitors (0 registered, 103 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 22:30 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

The only way to comprehend what mathematicians mean by Infinity
is to contemplate the extent of human stupidity.    Voltaire

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5