Parodic paper in predatory journal [Off Topic]

posted by Ohlbe – France, 2020-11-28 02:54 (1235 d 05:59 ago) – Posting: # 22090
Views: 2,567

Dear all,

Another one, somewhat older (March). Apparently you need to be a Pokemon fan (which I'm not) to fully understand it, as it links COVID-19 to a pokemon bat. The reference list almost made me cry from laughter, such as
Wayne B (2016) Phobia of Bats and Its Applications in Criminal Justice. Gotham Forensics Quarterly 26(8): 807-814.

The authors wrote in the body of the text "Epidemiologists believe it highly likely that a journal publishing this paper does not practice peer review and must therefore be predatory". Passed "peer-review" unseen.

The paper is no longer visible from the issue list of contents. Not because the paper was withdrawn by the journal, but just because the authors failed to pay the publication fee. A previous paper from the same authors is still available, including in PDF. Also some nice references, such as
Harrison G, Starr R, McCartney P, Lennon J (1969) Systematic review on the ability of money to buy love. Revolution 9: 9.

Edit: I've just received an email from the editor of that piece of junk. They're one paper short for their next issue and want me to submit an 2-page opinion or mini-review. No kiddin' :angry:

Regards
Ohlbe

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,984 posts in 4,822 threads, 1,651 registered users;
42 visitors (0 registered, 42 guests [including 4 identified bots]).
Forum time: 09:53 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

You can’t fix by analysis
what you bungled by design.    Richard J. Light, Judith D. Singer, John B. Willett

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5