Mixed models, did someone figure out lme? [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2020-08-11 16:42 (1325 d 16:11 ago) – Posting: # 21857
Views: 2,156

Hi d_labes,

❝ what was the question?

The question is, how to fit a relevant model with lme and how to extract relevant variance components in an easy way? (as in, easier than in the post linked to).

❝ You may find here some hints for using nlme/lme() in evaluation of replicate cross-over designs.

I read the post many times since you originally posted it :-D
But I am none the wiser even after reading it many times. So, I feel I have an ok understanding of the mixed model, and I have an ok understanding of which variance components I can reasonably ask for; the next step is then to ask lme to get me what I want in an intuitive fashion. That last thing is not easy, and books like Pinheiro & Bates do not really get me there.

For example: I prefer to play with variance components directly without involvement of rho (correlation) for the covariance of T and R. Where do I start? Playing around with weights, correlation structure, etc may get me what I want (see the two threads linkeda above), but that stil does not mean I am using lme meaningfully or optimally, I feel.

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
113 visitors (0 registered, 113 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 07:53 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5