Mixed models, did someone figure out lme? [R for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Belgium?, 2020-08-11 14:42 (110 d 23:11 ago) – Posting: # 21857
Views: 610

Hi d_labes,

» what was the question?

The question is, how to fit a relevant model with lme and how to extract relevant variance components in an easy way? (as in, easier than in the post linked to).

» You may find here some hints for using nlme/lme() in evaluation of replicate cross-over designs.

I read the post many times since you originally posted it :-D
But I am none the wiser even after reading it many times. So, I feel I have an ok understanding of the mixed model, and I have an ok understanding of which variance components I can reasonably ask for; the next step is then to ask lme to get me what I want in an intuitive fashion. That last thing is not easy, and books like Pinheiro & Bates do not really get me there.

For example: I prefer to play with variance components directly without involvement of rho (correlation) for the covariance of T and R. Where do I start? Playing around with weights, correlation structure, etc may get me what I want (see the two threads linkeda above), but that stil does not mean I am using lme meaningfully or optimally, I feel.

I could be wrong, but...

Best regards,
ElMaestro

No, of course you do not need to audit your CRO if it was inspected in 1968 by the agency of Crabongostan.

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
21,223 posts in 4,427 threads, 1,481 registered users;
online 33 (1 registered, 32 guests [including 15 identified bots]).
Forum time: Monday 12:54 CET (Europe/Vienna)

It’s difficult to work in a group
when you are omnipotent.    John de Lancie (as Q)

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5