Glucose Clamp Study [PK / PD]

posted by ElMaestro  – Denmark, 2020-07-21 12:51 (1346 d 15:35 ago) – Posting: # 21767
Views: 3,777

Hello VijithRoy,

❝ Under Clamp technique, Only insulin like drugs can be tested ?

No, in principle any situation when you wish to keep glucose levels up and safe you can do a clamp.
I recall in India how subjects were drinking glucose water before taking a dose of metformin in a BE trial on hevo's. In such a situation a clamp might have achieved the same. The example is not very good, of course, because it is easier to drink glucose than to do start a clamp, but I hope you get the idea.
(metformin: hevo's were puking when drinking the sweet stuff at 7:53AM, and when one subject pukes, 17 others will follow, so these studies with oral glucose solution had a lot of discontinuations and AEs and stuff; why the f%ck not just try and standardise intake of something sweet which is liked by volunteers: Halwa, Gulab Jamun, ice cream, but no.... glucose solution dictated by DCGI/CDSCO/ethics... that's beyond me.... I am sure there are good arguments, I just don't know of them or will not recognise them as better than a lot of other alternatives :-D:-D)

Pass or fail!
ElMaestro

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
92 visitors (0 registered, 92 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:27 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5