install.package() for the source packages [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2020-07-20 02:53 (1347 d 19:24 ago) – Posting: # 21753
Views: 11,146

Dear mittyri,

Thank you so much for your comments.

❝ ... By the way if you install locally that's another story, since

Not used if repos = NULL...

❝ So it is not possible to install dependent packages for a locally installed package within install.package()

Exactly. Recently I just wondered: I used to do install.packages("foo") for all dependent or required packages before installing bear. That meant I used install.packages("foo",depend=NA) as default. And it was OK. Now I use install.packages("foo",depend=TRUE) and it is OK too. So I was wondering if we really need to set depend=TRUE. I also found if I set depend=TRUE R will install much more packages in that case. For example, I need to install package A. Package A depends on 3 packages (package B, C and D). Should I also install simultaneously package B, C and D? Furthermore, if package B depends on another 3 packages (package E, F & G), then will the option of depend=TRUE for package A also enable R to install package E, F & G? Therefore, I do not think we need to set depend=TRUE. I think R will check all required packages first for the package that we want to install. Then R will install these required packages first and leave the package that we need to install at last. Am I correct?

❝ There are solutions available:

❝ - use devtools::install_local; there's an option to install dependencies from CRAN

Great. I will try that.

❝ - create and use your own repo

Unless go to Github. Not a chance for Sourceforge. I will think about that too.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
69 visitors (0 registered, 69 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 21:17 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5