install.package() for the source packages [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by mittyri – Russia, 2020-07-19 01:17 (1348 d 12:45 ago) – Posting: # 21743
Views: 11,536

Dear Yung-jin,

let me comment

❝ Right and thank you very much for your info. But this depend option within install.packages(...) has two choices, one is 'NA' and the other is 'TRUE'. :confused: And you're correct, when it is 'NA'(default), means c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo"). :confused: Does here 'NA' mean or imply 'FALSE' or what? If yes, why not using 'FALSE' instead of 'NA'? So I guess 'NA' is not 'FALSE' for depend option. NA is... NA.

From the man:
The default, NA, means c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo").
TRUE means to use c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo", "Suggests") for pkgs and c("Depends", "Imports", "LinkingTo") for added dependencies

So 'TRUE' is closer to NA. That's really a bit confusing and I don't know the history of that function argument. If set to 'FALSE', R still stop and warn you so you can decide what you would like to do
By the way if you install locally that's another story, since
Not used if repos = NULL...
So it is not possible to install dependent packages for a locally installed package within install.package()
There are solutions available:
- use devtools::install_local; there's an option to install dependencies from CRAN
- create and use your own repo

Kind regards,
Mittyri

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,639 registered users;
70 visitors (0 registered, 70 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 13:03 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5