Truncated 72 hours [NCA / SHAM]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2020-07-16 13:56 (1351 d 16:50 ago) – Posting: # 21711
Views: 3,998

Hi Mahmoud,

❝ Is it possible to use a model-based approach to estimate the overall/typical value of Ke or CL and use that for prediction of such points ?

Since PK modeling is not acceptable in BE, no. Furthermore, an average value might be misleading. Imagine the drug is subjected to polymorphic metabolism. The 90% extensive metabolizers have an average t½ of 4 hours and the 10% poor metabolizers 16 hours. You end up with an overall (geometric mean) t½ 4.59 hours. Now you could think about basing the decision to which group the subject belongs (i.e., instead of the average, use 4 or 16 hours) on the AUC. Spice the data with high between subject variability and you are at a loss.

❝ Or is it simpler to just perform a log-linear regression on averaged/all terminal points (3xTmax) and use that estimate to account for such deviations as defined in protocol.

That’s exactly what I do (and performed in Phoenix/WinNonlin when you specify a partial AUC0–72 with missings and/or deviations from the scheduled 72 hours sampling).

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,636 registered users;
71 visitors (0 registered, 71 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 05:46 CET (Europe/Vienna)

With four parameters I can fit an elephant,
and with five I can make him wiggle his trunk.    John von Neumann

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5