Desultory thoughts [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2020-07-16 12:59 (1341 d 15:38 ago) – Posting: # 21708
Views: 16,291

Hi ElMaestro,

❝ May I offer the completely opposite view? Search the forum for "bogus statement" :-D, check the SAS documentation for what the statement actually actually does to Proc GLM: […]

I know, I know. ;-)
I was talking about a mixed model and not the way how SAS uses the RANDOM statement in PROC GLM in order to get the DFs right.
A true all fixed effects model – with subjects instead of the crazy subjects(sequence) – requires unique coding of subjcts. In practice always the case (OK, maybe not in multi-center studies but then you have center as another fixed effect). I recently reviewed a manuscript where subjects in each sequence had the same codes. The authors obviously had no clue about how things work.

BTW, same agencies require that in crossovers CVintra and CVinter are reported. The latter is not possible when subject is a fixed effect.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,940 posts in 4,812 threads, 1,639 registered users;
38 visitors (0 registered, 38 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:38 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Those people who think they know everything
are a great annoyance to those of us who do.    Isaac Asimov

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5