Desultory thoughts [R for BE/BA]

posted by ElMaestro  – Belgium?, 2020-07-15 23:06 (106 d 16:49 ago) – Posting: # 21705
Views: 9,060

Hi Hötzi,

» » to me it is exactly the opposite way around:
» » A model with more than one variance component is a mixed model.
»
» Not necessarily. It depends on what you believe [sic] is a random effect. Treatment, sequence, and period are fixed effects, right? IMHO, subject is random. When we think about interaction(s) we enter the gray zone, of course.

May I offer the completely opposite view? Search the forum for "bogus statement" :-D, check the SAS documentation for what the statement actually actually does to Proc GLM:
When ProcGLM is used for 222BE with or without the bogus statement it still means a normal linear model is fit (even when the theory in e.g. C&L calls it "random"). There is a single variance component in such fits. If you wish to verify it: There is a model matrix with columns for subjects; check the df's for such models, it would be (much) higher if subjects were fit as random. Conversely, if subject were random subject would not appear as a factor in the anova.

I could be wrong, but...

Best regards,
ElMaestro

No, of course you do not need to audit your CRO if it was inspected in 1968 by the agency of Crabongostan.

Complete thread:

Activity
 Admin contact
21,180 posts in 4,415 threads, 1,476 registered users;
online 5 (0 registered, 5 guests [including 5 identified bots]).
Forum time: Friday 14:56 CET (Europe/Vienna)

The idea is to try and give all the information to help others
to judge the value of your contribution;
not just the information that leads to judgment
in one particular direction or another.    Richard Feynman

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5