Packages retired from CRAN [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by Helmut Homepage – Vienna, Austria, 2020-06-30 01:55 (1367 d 15:23 ago) – Posting: # 21608
Views: 7,820

Hi Yung-jin,

❝ I am thinking tcltk since it's default GUI for R. Therefore, no extra driver is required. However, it just looks even more ugly than RGtk2 under Windows.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder. ;-)

❝ ❝ In the transition for R3.6.3 to R4.0.0 some tests of our package replicateBE...

❝ really? Then I guess that it could be much more packages removed from CRAN since switching to R v4.0.0.

Duno. On R-help and esp. R-pkg-devel there were some confused discussions. We were very happy that the default in data.frame() is since R4.0.0 StringsAsFactors = FALSE. However, it had side-effects. If a library reads data and requires factors in a model, the old default worked. The same code in R4.0.0 terminated with an error (have to either read with StringsAsFactors = TRUE or factorize later).

Since 4.0.2 was released just 16 days after 4.0.1 I wonder whether this is all which was changed under the hood. The name “Taking Off Again” is telling.

Dif-tor heh smusma 🖖🏼 Довге життя Україна! [image]
Helmut Schütz
[image]

The quality of responses received is directly proportional to the quality of the question asked. 🚮
Science Quotes

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,957 posts in 4,819 threads, 1,638 registered users;
79 visitors (0 registered, 79 guests [including 12 identified bots]).
Forum time: 16:18 CET (Europe/Vienna)

Nothing shows a lack of mathematical education more
than an overly precise calculation.    Carl Friedrich Gauß

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5