Packages retired from CRAN [🇷 for BE/BA]

posted by yjlee168 Homepage – Kaohsiung, Taiwan, 2020-06-30 01:18 (1394 d 02:36 ago) – Posting: # 21607
Views: 7,993

Dear Helmut,

❝ ❝ … though it still works well under R v4.0.x.

❝ I believe it. I have no problems with bear 2.8.8 under R4.0.2. However, there are errors in functions (or arguments) you don’t call in you packages.

Good points. I just found that the source of package gWidgetRGtk2 cannot be compiled under R v4.0.2. However, the package of gWidgets can.

❝ ❝ Hopefully it will come back again soon. It happened before as far as I can remember.

❝ Only if the maintainer would do what the word implies. Fix the error(s) and re-submit. Since in this case the maintainer of gWidgets* and gWidgets*2 is the same person

Correct. same author.

❝ ...

❝ Fix the errors and submit the packages as the new maintainer. Then it would mean back to the stressful life which was a reason why you don’t host your packages at CRAN for years.

right.

❝ As above but host binaries (for Windows and MacOS) and the source (for Linuxes) at your site.

I pick up this option for now.

❝ Jump in at the deep end and adapt your code-base to gWidgets*2. Nasty first though not that bad on the long run.

I am thinking tcltk since it's default GUI for R. Therefore, no extra driver is required. However, it just looks even more ugly than RGtk2 under Windows.

❝ Two stories of this year... What if the maintainer would have been on vacation?

Rule#1: no vacation for all R package developers!

❝ In the transition for R3.6.3 to R4.0.0 some tests of our package replicateBE...

really? Then I guess that it could be much more packages removed from CRAN since switching to R v4.0.0.

All the best,
-- Yung-jin Lee
bear v2.9.1:- created by Hsin-ya Lee & Yung-jin Lee
Kaohsiung, Taiwan https://www.pkpd168.com/bear
Download link (updated) -> here

Complete thread:

UA Flag
Activity
 Admin contact
22,993 posts in 4,828 threads, 1,656 registered users;
61 visitors (0 registered, 61 guests [including 7 identified bots]).
Forum time: 03:54 CEST (Europe/Vienna)

So far as I can remember,
there is not one word in the Gospels
in praise of intelligence.    Bertrand Russell

The Bioequivalence and Bioavailability Forum is hosted by
BEBAC Ing. Helmut Schütz
HTML5